I had 11 hours sleep last night. It was utter bliss. I awoke briefly at 9.30am as Stu left the bed and Zak entered it. I soon ejected Zak when I realised that he can't jump on an IPad game without kicking his legs. I guess it is like when I put the brake on whilst sitting in the passenger seat of Stu's car; intrinsic. Zak left and I dozed for a few minutes and then Sebi took his place. This was more restful and I carried on sleeping until 10.50. Lazy-arse-happy-Mumma.
An hour after I had breakfasted, we went out for lunch. That is when you know it is going to be a good Saturday. We headed into town to a fantastic burger restaurant called 'Relish'. Parking in St. Albans can be hellish on a Saturday so when I spied a street space very near to the restaurant I yelled and Stu duly pulled into it. The kids and I started sauntering towards 'Relish' whilst Stu went to get a ticket. Two minutes later however, my husband was stropping about in a mood about the ridiculous parking charge and told me I should have let him park in the car park instead. The sun was shining, I was determined to have a nice family Saturday, so I told him he was very welcome to move the car into the car park in order to save a few pennies if it was going to make him any happier. Unbelievably, he moved the car into the car park only to find out it would cost him 30p more so moved it back out onto the street again. I said nothing as 15 minutes later we walked to the restaurant. Nothing. Not a thing. I did laugh in his face a bit however...
We decided after lunch we would park near my Nana's nursing home and Stu could take the boys to the park whilst I went to see her for a little while. Zak legged it into the park far ahead of everyone and launched himself at a swing in ecstasy. As he jumped on, he hadn't realised that someone before him had rolled the swing up and as he landed it unrolled leaving him hanging upside down.
'DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDD!' he cried, but managed to hang upside down bat-like until Stu caught up.
I spent an interesting half an hour or so with Nana where the conversation wandered from reality to fantasy and back again. When Dad spoke to her later she told him that she had had a lovely afternoon with Mary (my sister)...
I'm currently snuggled on the sofa with my biggest boy and a glass of champagne watching 'The Voice' and having our normal Saturday night discussion about the Transgender performer. Zak being delightfully innocent, me being incredibly politically correct and Stu snorting from the end of the sofa. Happy Saturday Night everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment