The boys were under strict instructions this morning that the way to make Mummy have a really wonderful start to Mother's Day was to not arrive in to see me before they were invited. Good job as a 'civilised' few drinks and a dog walk last night turned into the normal Nikki-Sam carnage...
Once I had translated Zak's card this morning from: 'Smelly, not all Mothers are like you' to 'Sadly, not all Mothers are like you', we began getting on a little better. I'm still not convinced that my original guess wasn't right. It would have been a fair point first thing this morning too.
We had a delicious lunch at The Plough with the four of us, plus Granny and Grandad, plus a large amount of both Beaumont and Samuel Ryder students and parents. One of the members of staff there is a parent and took the time to thank me for increasing her daughter's confidence at school. Really lovely until she finished with the information that her daughter had asked her to find out how many glasses of wine Mrs Ward drinks with her Sunday lunch. Not as many as she would like to under the beady eyes of students. I remember our poor Geography teacher at STAGS being spotted once coming out of Budgens clutching a bottle of gin by a member of Year 11. It's now the only thing she is remembered for. I am so screwed.
Our lunch took quite a long time to arrive today as they were extraordinarily busy in there. The boys were 'STARVING' so Dad saved the day with some well timed packets of crisps. When they had finished Sebi asked how long the food would be and I said five minutes and told him to count to 300. Which of course he did. When he was at about 265 he was eyeing me suspiciously and my parents enquired what my Plan B was if the food didn't arrive in exactly 35 seconds time. How many packets of crisps have you got up your sleeve Grandad?
Zak had to shoot off to cricket straight after lunch so Mum, Dad, Sebi and I went home for coffee. Grandad gave Sebi a pound and Sebi said that he now had £52.76 in his money box. Grandad refused to take his word for it and counted it all out with Sebi sitting next to him asking me what on earth he was doing as he had told him exactly how much was in there and so he was wasting his time. Grandad was far too overexcited to find that in fact there was only £52.74 in there and to prove Sebi wrong. Until that is he got up to go and found he was sitting on two pence. The look Sebi shot him was a six year old equivalent of sticking two fingers up I think...
I presented Mum with her bouquet as she left and the boys looked bemused. 'She can't drink that' quipped Zak. You really can tell whose children they are can't you.
Happy Mother's Day lovely people! Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment