It is the middle of the summer holidays and I'm pretty much as relaxed as I could be. I woke up at 11am this morning - amazing! Granted that is probably because the kids are spending some much needed time at their Grandparents but these days with the help of the holy Ipad, I never really rise before 9 in the holidays. Sleeping from midnight to 9.30 suits me much better than going to bed early and getting up for 7ish. Unfortunately I haven't as yet found a school that would allow me to roll into work about 10am - it doesn't really fit the job.
I've figured out I have two speeds. (1) Crazy busy and (2) Lazy cow. In the height of my busyness I achieve so much, always. I juggle jobs and studying and everyone is still fed nutritiously and the house is clean. I am currently running on Lazy Cow speed however and nothing is being achieved, at all. I just drove to the shop to buy a sandwich as I couldn't be arsed to make one myself. Seriously. It must have taken more time/effort and energy to drive to the shop and buy one but it felt like the Lazy Cow option and I took it.
So I'm revelling in my sluggishness at the moment. The only problem is that all good things come to an end and jeebus isn't it a shock to the system when they do? This time in two weeks I will be halfway through a session of inset at my new job that started at 8.30am in the morning and I will have had to have delivered my kids to Wheathampstead beforehand. From where I'm sitting at the moment you might as well ask me to climb Mount Everest, that would be easier. The sensible way to tackle this problem would be to have earlier and more sober nights in the last week before real life starts again, thus training me back into the real world. However, I know that I will be hanging onto the sloth by my fingernails and drowning the idea of actuality in buckets full of champagne. Hmmmm.
I need to rev my brain back up into gear as it is also the final year of my MA for which a cool 20000 words is expected. I wrote 12500 words this year but if you held a gun to my head at the moment and asked me for any more than about 10 of them I really don't think I would be able to help you.
I'm sure I'll get there, we all do in the end. I must be going now anyway. There's place mat on the table with crumbs on that I've been working up to wiping for a couple of hours now. I reckon I'm nearly up to it. Happy Days.
No comments:
Post a Comment