Sunday, 18 May 2014

Hip Hip Hip Hooray!

After a very stressful week I have discovered an easy solution to stopping the nervous breakdown in its tracks.  Put all of the piles of work out of sight and sit and drink wine in the sunshine.  Seriously, it's a bloody winner.  Why on earth didn't I think of this before?

We do get seriously over-excited about the weather in this country don't we?  The lack of guaranteed sunshine tends to ensure that it becomes the top topic of conversation as soon as the sun does decide to get his hat on.  I'm the worst culprit.  "Isn't it LOVELY", I must have said to everybody I have come across today and they have said back "ISN'T is just..."

The boys have had a long and extremely naked paddle in Granny and Grandad's garden all day.  Zak was pretty pissed off that he had to put his clothes on for lunch but I think willies at the Sunday lunch table is a step too far for Nomansland.

I spoke to Jenny in Australia last night who has never understood why I don't want to move my backside out to a country where it is sunny pretty much every day of the year.  I love the sunshine but surely the complete joy that a day like to today brings is partly due to the fact that it is a surprisingly rare occurrence?

One thing I'm not enjoying about the weather is the stupid ice-cream van that has decided to visit at 6.45pm a few times this week.  Really?  That's bedtime in our house.  Luckily my poor, deprived chidlings don't know what an ice cream van sounds like.  This isn't going to last forever though is it?  Zak will find out from someone with nicer parents soon enough that the weird tinny music doesn't actually come from the Child Catcher's wagon, meaing it is imperative that we stay inside and don't go near any windows...

Tomorrow I will have to hide the suncream and wine and dig out the piles and piles of paperwork instead.  Oh well, Mondays were made to be miserable and there is still a few hours of sunshine left in today.  At least at the moment myself and my kids are actually dressed suitably for the weather.  I've been in flip flops since March in eager anticipation of summer and Zak begs me every morning to take his fleece to school 'just in case'...  I blame his Godmother. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment