This is a self-indulgent cathartic post from myself as I'm not sure how much of what I do as my second job I can talk about in a public forum. I'm in the MI5 don't you know. Shit, there goes that job. Anyway, bear with me, or don't, I don't really mind, as I said this is purely for my benefit today.
Tomorrow morning I'm toddling off to do my job and I'm being observed doing that aforementioned job by the Queen of this particular academic kingdom. I would be less nervous if the Queen of England was observing me tomorrow as she wouldn't have a clue what she was talking about. My career Queen not only knows what she is talking about, she hasn't just read the book on it, she wrote the bloody book. Ugh.
It is the equivalent to a Ferrari and a Skoda, (sorry to any skoda drivers but the stereotype sticks no matter how much re-vamped marketing they undertake), taking a trip around a race track together. The Ferrari would very kindly show the Skoda the best way to navigate the track but at the end of the day the Ferrari is still a Ferrari and the Skoda is still a Skoda.
The problem with this particular Skoda is that it has ideas above its station and it doesn't want to stay a Skoda forever. It could probably do the name of Skoda proud tomorrow but it would rather come out of the day being seen as a Golf or even an Audi. Are you with me? No, oh well, never mind. This isn't about you.
I am as prepared as I possibly could be. I don't suffer from nerves particularly badly but I have never been so nervous about anything in my entire life. Think of me tomorrow morning and send a prayer up in you happen to be that way inclined. Thanks.
For now, I'm going to check I have the correct paperwork for the millionth time, take some precautionary Immodium (better to be safe than sorry) and spend a good few darkened hours staring at my bedroom ceiling tonight.
Thanks for listening.
Good luck tomorrow my little Skoda
ReplyDelete