I was a bit disappointed when Zak started at school and I found myself in the playground surrounded by a load of 'Mums'. I seem to remember doing a pretty thorough character assassination of a few of them in a previous post and ending with the conclusion that I definitely have enough friends.
It may therefore surprise you to know that I had a bit of a 'Mums' party last night. Not the masses, obviously, but a few hand-picked beauties that I thought would make an entertaining night in. They all rose to the occasion in impressive style.
Claire doesn't really drink. When I was emailing her about the night I asked her to bring something she would like to drink as I didn't think that I knew how to supply anything that wasn't seriously alcoholic. Imagine my surprise and delight therefore when she turned up with and drank most of a bottle of vodka! Good girl. I'm lying a bit low today as apparently she isn't feeling too great and I have a feeling I encouraged her to drink more of it than she might have wanted to with my usual technique of smiley-hostess-drink-topping-upping that leaves the majority of people that enter Chez Ward to leave a little bit shit-faced.
There is one person that came that must remain nameless as she blew out another Mums night to come. Apparently the person hosting that night is a pretty scary individual. I'm pleased that I came out scarier so that she came to me.
Alison was the only lady who drank a full glass of the disgustingly sweet mulled wine that I'd made by guessing the amount of sugar to put in as I couldn't be arsed to get the scales out of the cupboard. Full marks for good guest-work love.
Heather definitely doesn't smoke but walked all the way home to get the ciggies out of her drawer and all the way back again so that she could. She took herself home for good when she started trying to pee through the child's toilet seat in my loo. Good self-pissedness-recognition I thought.
Fay decided to give poor unloved Toby some love for a bit but ran out of enthusiasm when he stuck his claws in her and covered her in ginger fur. It was long enough for Sam to screech a good few rounds of "Look at Fay stroking her Ginger Pussy" however. Don't know where she got that silly and immature idea from ;-)
Stu came home at 10pm. The lure of seven ladies in his kitchen was too much for him. Plus the ton of leftover buffet food. He had the time of his life 'educating' Fay and Claire about hip-hop.
All in all a damn good night. Ok,thirties fun is more based around being 'in' with champagne and vol-au-vents rather than being 'out-out' with class As and fags but it is still fun nevertheless. We were all up till nearly 1 on a school night. I'm loving the fact that my youngest child does a good hangover morning and was happy to spend the morning back in bed with me with Tig-Tig and the Mr Men. He is going to make an excellent teenager!
No comments:
Post a Comment