Five and a half more blissful weeks of lay-ins and relaxation, (apart from the normal couple of twitchy days before results are released of course). I came up with a new plan this year to stop me drinking every day; I would only drink champagne this summer. Hooray. So far this hasn't quite worked as I seem to be just drinking champagne...every day... This fail safe plan could just end with me being seriously broke as well as having alcohol poisoning...
After an extremely heavy weekend, I found myself on Monday morning at 9.30am in Beaumont gym, being pounded by Miss D, with Ms D and our five little boys for company.
"Have mercy", I begged as the weights were increased and the Lanson ran from my pores.
"Never", the torturess replied whilst piling on the weights and increasing my pain. "Hanh has done 75 of those reps and you have done 40; are you going to let her beat you?"
Wrong audience. I become decidedly non-competitive when in agony. As ever, I loved it when it was over and as I couldn't straighten my hair for two days afterwards as I was unable to lift my arms, I'm guessing it has done some good.
On Tuesday we headed into London. First stop the eye hospital in Fulham, (don't tell me that I don't take you to all the best places kids)! Our tickets didn't work at Blackfriars and it flashed up with 'Seek Assistance'. This I did and the helpful man let us through the barrier.
"Mummy did you pick the brown man in particular to help us because he was a Sikh? Are you being racist Mummy?" Wow.
What's the worst thing to happen when you arrive after a long journey with two bouncy boys to a posh private hospital in Fulham for an 11am appointment? To discover that the hospital have cocked up and have given you an appointment for 12.
"It's fine Madam, you are very welcome to wait here and use our facilities."
Was she actually insane? Like we would survive the hour (and a quarter) without creating complete carnage. I explained, firmly yet fairly, that this was not a viable option and that possibly her customer service skills were not quite being pitched as they should be in this situation. She handed me over to somebody else, equally as unhelpful and equally as snooty. This second useless lady at least apologised for the cock up but then asked if Sebi would not lie down on the sofa. He was lying QUIETLY READING A BOOK after having been lodged in a waiting room for 20 minutes. I'm sorry would you rather he ran around a bit screaming instead; Sebi and I locked eyes and with mutual silent agreement decided that this would be the next course of action. Thankfully my Professor decided to enter stage left just at this moment and swept me off into his consultation room before any blood was shed. Pizza for lunch and then an afternoon at Madame Tussauds sorted out the rest of the day.
I really am fairly healthy during term time but if I carry on eating and drinking for the next five and a half weeks, the way I have done for the first few days, I think I will need to being personal trained 24 hours a day up until Christmas! Cheers. Happy holidays! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment